Sunday 26 April 2009

Just Magnolia challenge card

I finally got round to making a card today for the Just Magnolia challenge.
Last week was a fab sketch and I used green and pink as my colours and guess what, it's a colour challenge this week and the colours are green and pink. So I had to go looking through all my papers for something green and pink or else I would of had to use the same papers I used last week!
I finally found a K&Co mat stack and some scraps of K&Co glittered paper I used on some cards a while ago.


I coloured the gorgeous image which I got from Bev with my usual copics. All the papers as I said are K&Co, flowers I cut by hand from scraps and added some spacers from Holburn Crafts and Kanban pearls. Lace is from a local haberdashery.
I am planning on making a few cards for friends today as RAK's so I might join in with some challenges at the same time. But before that I am off bloghopping to see what all you lot have been up too as I haven't had much time to visit blogs this week.
Oh before I go I know that a lot of you ladies have the Retro Flowers Punches. Could someone tell me where I can buy some or any other nice flower punches that I could layer up? I am tired of handcutting flowers as I always cut them wonky lol.
Right I'm off. Don't forget to check back over the next few days for a surprise giveaway. I have decided that although I said I would choose one of my followers, I am going to pick a winner from my followers list who has also left me a comment/comments last week and this week (not on my blog candy post) up to when I choose a winner. I think this is fair to my followers that do visit my blog as I know people sign up to be a follower when there is a giveaway but don't visit again after that. So this way I can be sure that the prize goes to someone who does actually read my blog.
I know that a lot of people have joined as followers when I had my candy running and I just want to make it clear that it doesn't matter how long you have been a follower for, as long as you leave me a comment and come back now and again to visit me :) I am so happy that I have met a lot of new bloggy friends since my candy and I hope that a lot of you will continue to come back and see me.

Hugs Lora x



11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous I love the shades of pnk & green you have used x x

Yvonne said...

Beautiful card. love the colours you have used. xx

Stef H said...

This is absolutely gorgeous. I love your hand-cut flowers. Stamping Up has a great die (like what I used on my brown & blue butterfly card) but, there are tons of punches out there!

I'm a devoted follower and love your creativity.

Shhhh, don't tell anyone, but we're friends too!

Hugs,

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Lora,l love the image and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

coldwaters2 said...

Its a gorgeous card Lora love that image and your colouring and backing papers are fabby.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Mina said...

beautiful card, the image, papers and flowers all go together so perfectly...thanks for joining in the Just Magnolia challenge xxx

Bev said...

Absolutley gorgeous card hun, so much beautiful detail. Thanks for joining us this week x

Tab said...

Wow, stunning card, just love this sweet Tilda and those papers are delish, just perfect!
Hugs Tab xxx

Colleen's Crafty Constructions said...

Cute Card. I like the paper a lot!

cats whiskers said...

This is Awesome love the wonderful colour scheme, paper and your fab colouring of that great image Thanks for joining us at Just magnolia
Hugs Jacqui x

Rach said...

a beautiful card Lora, love the details that you have added. thank you for joining us at just magnolia this week. hugs rachxx