Tuesday 28 April 2009

Monkey Buisness

Another challenge card from me today this time for Charisma Cards sketch. I have been wanting to use this image by Dustin Pike for a while because I just love this cheeky monkey. He is perfect for a male card so that's just what I done. As you all know making cards for a boy/man can be a nightmare but Dustn's images make it so easy to whip up a card in no time. I haven't made this for anyone in particular but I think I will keep it for when one of my kids needs a boy birthday card for one of their friends.

I know the sentiment looks a bit wonky but I think I will change it later. The backing border and the mat I put the image on are all from the same piece of double sided paper but I can't remember who makes it because I cut the strip off and didn't take a note again! I think it's Creative Expressions but I could be wrong lol. The sketch had a pretty pattern in the corner but I used a corner punch so it didn't look to feminine. The image is coloured with copics, buttons are ones Barry bought me last week, no idea where he got them and the twine was in with a pack of ribbon that I got in a embelishment pack about a year ago. Knew it would come in handy sometime!
I have left this one quite simple and had to try really hard to not put on any flowers, spacers or charms but I just had to add some kind of embelishment so used the buttons. On the sketch it is 2 circles so it fits in with the sketch probably better than my flowers would have.

Remember that the Digital Tuesday Challenge is today, YAY. You can see my card above this post. Can't wait to see what everyone makes for the challenge. Dustin is our sponsor for this week, how cool is that. I want so many of his images. I think I will have to start saving, but you could win 3 of them if you join in with this weeks challenge! How much more encouragement do you need?

Hugs Lora x

Hugs Lora xx


6 comments:

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Lora,l love the colours.

Hugs Riet.x

The Crafty Blonde said...

Great card, love the cute monkey image. Thanks for joining us this week at Charisma.
Lyndsey xx

Sally said...

Great card and that monkey image is just too cute. Thank you for joining us this week at Chrisma Cardz

Marjanne said...

This is a very funny card, I love it!

Roxy said...

very cheek monkey! Great image, fab card!

Thanks for joining us at Charisma

Roxy

Vee said...

A really fun card made me smile, just love that image soooo cheeky.Thanks for playing with Charisma this week.
xx Vee