Monday 6 April 2009

Charisma Cards Challenge 13 Birthday card

I still had one card to make for Chiara's birthday tomorrow from her Brother and Sister so I used this weeks sketch at Charisma Cards.
I stuck to the sketch layout but changed the ovals for a butterfly and a flower to write the sentiment on.
As you can probably guess, this card had to be yellow or orange lol so I went with yellow this time!
I got the bear die cut in with a load of stuff I bought off Ebay about a year ago. At the time I didn't have chalks so I just coloured it with markers but I think he looks quite cute. He was originaly green but I didn't like the idea of a green teddy bear so I just had to make him brown.
The yellow star paper is from Paper Pizazz and the other is Basic Grey from the Two Scoops collection.
I have no idea where the butterfly came from, it was just in the bottom of a box. The bigger flower was white but I coloured it with a yellow copic.
I printed Sister on to normal white copy paper but made the text box yellow then cut it out in the shape of a flower.
Gems, Ribbon, other flower and brad are all bits I had in my stash that I thought I would never use. How wrong was I !!
Seems really strange not using a stamped image on a card but I know Chiara will love this. It's her favourite colour and lots of it, and teddies are another of her favourite things so I couldn't go wrong really lol.
Thanks for looking today. I don't know if I will get anything made tomorrow but I am hoping to get some time to make some cards for charity. Angie asked on her blog for anyone who knits, crotchets, quilts, does cross stitch or even makes cards to help for charity. I will write more about this when I have more time but please check out Angie's blog for details and a link to see what it's all about.

Hugs Lora xx


4 comments:

Lilacanglia said...

Gorgeous card,
hugs
Angie

Stef H said...

Oh this is just gorgeous! That bear is the cutest!

Vee said...

Fabulous card love this image. Thanks for joining the challenge at Charisma.
xx Vee

Susie Sugar said...

This is so sweet xx