Sunday 26 April 2009

Managed to get another card done.

Well I know I said I had a few cards to make but I only managed to get 1 made because my 2 girls have done nothing but fight and scream at each other the whole day!! They are driving me crazy tonight! Anyone want a 5 or 4 year old girl? Take one get one free lol. Only joking I love them both to bits but I could be done with a break sometimes. Unfortunately both Barry and my parents don't live anywhere near us in fact mine are 55 miles away and Barry's are 20 miles away and don't drive so it's really hard to find a babysitter as we wouldn't leave them with anyone else.
Anyway enough of my moaning, you came to see the card.

I made this one for sketch saturday which was another great sketch. All the papers are from Basic Grey's Mellow collection. Not the kind of colours I would normally go for but I quite liked these papers when I saw them in the shop, so thought I would try them out and I kinda like this card because it's different to what I would normally do. The Forever Friends image was one from the images I won on Donnas blog a while ago and I coloured with my usual copics. I did do something different thought this time. I tried doing a shadow around my image which I have never done before and I think I will do that more often. I mounted it onto some scalloped circles that I cut with the classic small scalloped circle nesties. The flowers were in the blog candy I won over at Tindaloos blog a few weeks ago and I added spacer kind of things to them but I can't remember where I bought them. Organza ribbon and the lace are both from my local haberdashery which I think I keep in buisness with the amount of ribbon I buy from her lol.
I don't have a border punch but I wanted the scalloped borders like on the sketch so I dug out my old Glitter Girls embossing board and embossed 2 borders and cut them out.
The sentiment is just cut from some card and I wrote the sentiment on then punched holes in either side to thread the lace through.

Thanks for stopping by and I would like to just say thank you to everyone who has left me lovely comments the last few days :) I love reading them and I appreciate you taking the time to leave me comments.

Huggies Lora

8 comments:

Lilacanglia said...

Hiya Lora,

Must be something in the air, my 3 boys have been the same all day today,
Adorable card,
Hugs
Angie

Michelle said...

adorable card lora..TFS!

Stef H said...

Girlfriend, you are totally rockin these cards! This is fabulous. That image is soooo cute and your colors and layout is super.

P.S. I used to tell my son I was going to sell him at a garage sale if he misbehaved because I'd get a really good price for him. How awful! LOL

Hugs,

Marjanne said...

I love your cards, very pretty! Have good monday!

Anonymous said...

hi hun, love the card that you have made.
i think that you can add me to a google reader if you have one .. i can't add the follow list thing to my blog. i have tried but it won't let me.. :( that is the one thing that i miss about blogger.. sorry hun... i only just worked out how to add the email thingy..lol.. i am hopeless. hugs rachxx

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Lora,l love the image.

Hugs Riet.x

Holly said...

Love the card! Really cute!

Tindaloo said...

Sweet card Lora! Love theese cuddly teddies :)