Monday 27 April 2009

Sketch and stah callenge card

I got to play for a little while the kids were at school and made this card for the Sketch and Stash challenge I have used these papers recently on a card I showed on my blog but I had to buy more because they are gorgeous.

First of all, l I know the charm is not straight but I had to scan this one and the thing wouldn't stay in place! Didn't help that I have run out of jump rings and chain to dangle my charms on, so I used some fancy yarn from Craft essentials which it says on the pack is great for dangling charms or tags. Hmmm maybe not so great when it's in the hands of a feather brain like me then because I couldn't get it to sit right.
This card is smaller than I normally do and it's not square, shock horror lol, but I needed to make a card to post today and didn't have any square envelopes made up and didn't have time to make one so I used some pre folded cards I had with envelopes to match. I know the shame, not making my own lol.
All the papers I have used are from K&Co's Wild Raspberry collection, which I love because they are not only gorgeous but some are glittered and textured too. What more could a girl ask for? Except all K&Co's papers maybe lol.
As you all know for the Sketch and Stash challenge you have to follow the sketch (obviously) and also say what your new or neglected stash is, so mines are the K&Co papers as although I have had these before these ones are new sheets and also the pearls are from a new Kanban pack too. I have decorated the inside of this card but I didn't take a pic to show incase the person I made it for see's it on here then she will know it's for her.

Recipe:
Papers: K&Co Wild Raspberry collection
Image: Whiff Of Joy
Colouring: Copics
Embelishments: Flower handmade with scraps of same paper, pearls from Kanban, Spacer from Aberdeen Bead Shop, Craft Essentials fancy yarn and charm from haberdashery.

I'm off to do some blog hopping now to see what wonderful creations you have all been making.

Hugs Lora



8 comments:

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Lora,l love the stamp.

Hugs Riet.x

coldwaters2 said...

Oh this is so lovely the colours are fab and you have done that image wonderfully.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Marjanne said...

mmmm I love your reipe!! Beautiful card!!

Tindaloo said...

Nice handmade flower and Lovely coloring :)

Becky said...

Gorgeous card Lora, the papers are so pretty!
Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Sketch and Stash!
Love Becky xx

aardvarkpest said...

Beautiful card. Great image and lovely papers.

Glenda

Chrissie said...

What a lovely card Lora, the colour combination goes so well with your sweet image. Love those papers!
Thanks for joining in with Sketch & Stash!

Cathy said...

Lovely card Loraa. I love your take on the sketch and the papers are beautiful.
Thank you for joining in the Sketch and Stash this time.
Cathy xx