Wednesday 8 April 2009

Baby Messy Rabbit does Mojo Monday

This week is the first Monday of April and we all know what that means.... contest time at Mojo Monday! This weeks challenge #81 is another fab sketch as always and I really enjoyed this one.
As I mentioned yesterday stitch for charity is looking for anyone who can do some knitting crotchet, quilt or cross stitch to donate. This charity helps premmie babies as well other babies and children all over the world and they are always looking for baby's hats, cardigains, blankets etc but as I don't or can't do any of the above, I am making some cards to send them instead. They also take in donations of cards so they can sell them to buy materials for the other crafts, so if any of you card makers out there could donate a few of those challenge cards you have made that you have no other use for, I'm sure it would be much appreciated, or if you can do any knitting or some of the other crafts, that would be great too :)
You can check them out at the link I gave above and get the address to send to or to find out more.

Right then on to the card.
I used the Baby Bunny set from Joanna Sheens Messy Rabbit range. I coloured everthing with copics. The blue paper is from K&Co, I don't know if you can see but it is embossed with little animals. The other dp is by Melissa Frances for Heart and Home Collectables.
I pretty much follwed the sketch exactly except used the baby bib instead of a scalloped circle :)
This is the first time I have used this set but I think it will be used a lot, this little bunny is sooo cute.
I am not sure what kind of cards Stitch For Charity want but I'm sure the more the merrier :)
Sorry for the long post today but I hope telling people about this wonderfull charity will help spread the word to a few more people. If you would like to help by posting on your blog to let people know that would be great too:)
Thanks for reading today, I am trying to get some candy together because I have passed the 1000 hits mark so check back soon to see what I am offering!
Hugs Lora xx

8 comments:

Susie Sugar said...

Fantastic card Lora I love the layout and the colours are fab
xx

Lilacanglia said...

Love it,
hugs
Angie

Stef H said...

What a cute,cute card! And a wonderful charity. Will check it out.

Hugs,

Riet said...

wowww Lora,what a beautiful card.

hugs Riet.x

coldwaters2 said...

Lora its gorgeous Messy looks quite content posing on this card beautiful colouring as well.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Donna said...

Darling card, Lora. Could you email me your address. I had it at one time but I cna't find it now. I wanted to send you a birthday card! drinckel@yahoo.com Thanks!
Donna

Bev said...

Love love love it! What a truly gorgeous card babes xx

Cardmaking Galore said...

This is really sweet!