Saturday 18 April 2009

Whiff of Joy challenge

I have finally managed to get onto the internet so I can post a card!! I haven't had internet or phone since yesterday afternoon because there was something wrong at the sub exchange. My phone was still working but all you could hear was a clicking noise and couldn't hear the person on the other end speaking, but my internet was totally down.
So I have been trying to sneak on other peoples computers for a few mins to check emails etc lol.
I never thought I would miss the internet so much but I didn't know what to do without it! I am so sad lol.
Anyway on to my card. I remembered that the challenge over at WOJ was black and white and 1 other colour so I made my card for that but then just went there just now and read the challenge which is actually black and w
hite and a splash of another accent colour. Think my card still counts though??

I have never used this colour combo before and don't normaly go for bold c0lours but I really like how this turned out.
I didn't have any black and white papers so had to go looking through all my digi papers and this is the first ones I found after looking through loads and I was getting so fed up looking that I didn't even bother to look and see if there were any others that I liked better .
I'm not sure where they are from, I really must take a note when I download stuff!
The red is plain card put through my cuttlebug and the black was some embossed paper that was in my surprise bargain box from Artymiss. Flowers are all Prima and spacers are a selection from ebay, Holburn Crafts and the bead shop (both in Aberdeen).
The image is another one I got from Lorraine and I coloured her with Copics, love the way it has turned out :)

I am hoping to be back with some more cards later today but that's it from me for now. Thanks for stopping by. Please do let me know what you think of this one. I think it's one of my faves because I love this image but would love to know what you all think :)
Hugs
Lora xx

17 comments:

Donalda said...

Oh this is just gorgeous dear. What a wonderful card you have made.

Yvonne said...

This card is stunning, love the colours you have used to do the dress on her.

Stef H said...

I love, love, love it! It's absolutely gorgeous! The background paper is stunning; the flowers are fabulous and the whole thing is absolutely goregous!

Hugs,

carol said...

the colours look great together, love the added red, x carol

Lilacanglia said...

Gorgeous choice of colour to go with the black & white,
simply stunning,
Hugs
Angie

Riet said...

ohhh wowww Lora,what a beautiful card,l love the image and colours.

hugs Riet.x

Anonymous said...

a wonderful card, great colours. thank you for joining us at woj. hugs rachxx

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my Lora this is so gorgeous card your colouring is ace and those backing papers and flowers are really sumptious.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Anonymous said...

Hiya Hunni! thank you for your lovely comment! i think i've sussed out now and following you!! wahooo!!!! love your card! flowers are beautiful! oooo i like reading your blog! :-) hehe take care hun xxx

Nicki said...

Wow, this is a stunning card, that image looks great in a bold colour. Nicki, xx.

Victoria said...

this is stunning love the red it works fantastically well xc

Stephanie said...

This is so stunning Lora - fab card! BTW how can you say your blog candy 'isn't much'? Are you mad - it's so generous so I will link now....xxxx

Bev said...

What a fabulous card honey, those papers and the colours are so perfect for the sweet image x

Helena said...

Beautiful card

xxxx

BA said...

wonderful card!!!
xoxoxo BA

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card!
Thank you for entering my blog candy and good luck!
Vanja

Unknown said...

oh myh word this is stunning the red on her dress is superb...and so glad i found you and a fabby blog...and am now following you so i wont miss out on your fabulous work hugs sassyxxx