Saturday 18 April 2009

A few challenge cards

After thinking my internet was finally sorted, it went off again and has been on and off all day!! I have been on the phone to AOL goodness knows how many times and now I have to wait for a BT engineer to have a look at my line again! At least I am getting on the internet though just now. It keeps going on and off so I'm hoping I will get this post done before it goes off again.
My friend asked me to make 2 cards for her Daughter who will be 4 next week so I thought I would make them and enter some challenges at the same time.
The first is for
Sketch and Stash

The sketch this week is a simple one which was perfect for a childs card as I don't like to use lots of embelishment on young childrens cards. Most 4 year olds aren't interested in the card anyway. If my kids are anything to go by, the card gets thrown to the side and they are looking for their presents lol
I have tried to make it fun though by using this cute image by Dustin Pike which is my new stash item for the challenge and adding glossy accents to the bubbles. It doesn't show up that well in the pic but the glossy accents really make it look wet and shiny.
The papers I have used are by Provo Craft and Basic Grey. Metal flower is from Artymiss, button and ribbons from my stash.
I have used copics to colour and white inkssentials pen for highlights, which is another new thing I have used.
My next card is for Truly Scrumptious. The challenge this week is to follow the sketch and the card also has to be for a child.
For this one I pinched some of my Daughter Rhianna's smirk paper and I also used one of her Smirk stamps because I couldn't find a stamp in my own stash to fit in with my design. I have embelished this one a bit more but I think it's still okay for a 4 year old because it's really girly.
The other papers are by CraftsHouse, they have a nice sheen on them. The pink is done in my cuttlebug. The small flowers are all prima and the spacers are from Ebay and the large felt flower is from The Early Learning Centre! I take my kids in there and they think I am great letting them play with all the toys but really I am in there looking for crafty stuff for myself lol.
Ribbon is from my stash and the sentiment is done on the computer then cut out with my new nesties. Yes I finally got a set after months of moaning for some lol.

I'm off now to do some bloghopping, speak to ya all soon.
Hugs Lora xx

11 comments:

Lilacanglia said...

beautiful cards,
hope you get internet or phone line sorted,
Its like not having a limb when it goes off isnt it? lol,
hugs
Angie

Stef H said...

WOW! Like WOW! These are gorgeous!

Sure hope you get that comoputer problem fixed soon. I'd be totally whaco without mine!

Hugs,

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my what a pair of beauties love your colours they are so fresh and great for the youngsters and the images are perfect.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Bev said...

Two cute cards hun, love that bear - he looks so good on the check paper x

Riet said...

what a beautiful cards Lora.

hugs Riet.x

Donalda said...

Oh I love your cards dear they are just so cute.

Dawn said...

Hiya Lora

Well it's so cute - love the mix of papers - eeh I just remembered I have a smirk stamp and haven't even used it yet!!!

Hugs
Dawn

Heather said...

Hi Lora, two fabulous cards.
Naughty girl pinching Rhianna's stash - though I expect she'll get her own back - and they are such lovely papers and such a cute image.
Thanks for joining us at TS.
hugs Heather xx

Michele Roos said...

Fabulous cards. Love the images and the colours you've used. Thanks for joining us this week at TS. Michele x

Becky said...

Aww, gorgeous card Lora, I know I would love that teddy on my birthday (must be a kid at heart!!)
Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Sketch and Stash!
Love Becky xx

Chrissie said...

What a gorgeous card Lora, just perfect for a child's birthday.
Thanks for joining in with Sketch & Stash!