Thursday 2 April 2009

Whiff Of Joy challenge #24

This is the first time I have entered a Whiff of Joy challenge because I don't have any of their stamps but Lorraine (coldwaters) very kindly sent me some images so I could join in :) Thanks hun I really do appreciate it xx


The challenge this week is Let's get dirty! Distressing!!

The thought of ripping my gorgeous designer papers makes me real nervous lol. I never do distressing except maybe on a few handmade flowers but I thought I would be brave and give it a go!


I couldn't bear to rip any of my papers but I did do some distressing. I filed the edges of my papers and inked them with distressing ink but that's as far as I went lol.
I just love this image but I did have problems colouring her with not having much colours of my copics to use. The papers I used are all DCWV and to be honest I have had them for months and keep looking at them thinking I want to use them but they are too pretty to cut up lol. One is beautiful princess from the once upon a time collection and the other is one from Far East collection I think (lost the strip that told me, duh).
The swirl was from Linnie which was white but I inked it with a few different distress inks then stamped with a tiny swirly stamp (which you can't realy see here) and added stickles which I also added to her wings to make them shimmer.
The scalloped oval was cut with fancy scissors as I don't have any nesties or punches/dies to do scalloped circles or ovals but I think it looks okay?
I don't know if I like this card very much but I did enjoy making it after I got past the filing part!
Let me know what you think
Thanks for looking today.

Hugs Lora x

6 comments:

Lilacanglia said...

its beautiful
hugs
Angie

Stef H said...

It's beautiful! I definitely know how you feel about tearing up your paper. I hate doing it too!

Isn't that Lorraine something else!!! She's one of the most generous people I know. I just love her!

Hugs,

Anonymous said...

what a fabulous card, hugs rachxx

Elizabeth said...

Gorgeous! Simply stunning and the colors are lovely together. Hug XXX Beth

Riet said...

what a beautiful card Lora,l love the stamp.

hugs Riet.x

Naoual said...

Your card is so pretty Lora!!

xx Naoual